Destiny Church Small Groups
Our passion at Destiny is to see people in community together and growing in life, faith and friendship. We believe that the best way to foster this within our church is through Small Groups.
We believe God created us for community and true life-change happens in the context of relationships. That is why are are so passionate about Small Groups. Through a small group, attenders will find fun, friendship, a place to grow, support and care.
This summer, Destiny will not hold a wide variety of small groups like we have in the past. Instead, we will host several fun community opportunities and events, such as Movie Night, Destiny in the Park, and Saturday Serve!
Saturday.Serve Summer Small Group
July 10 and 17
August 14 and 21
Fall Small Group Semester!
August 29 – November 20
You don’t need to have it all together to lead a Small Group—you just have to be willing to let God use you. To host a group, you simply choose a topic that interests you and select a time and location to meet with others to share it. Then, we give you a few essential tools like first-time leader training, a directory where others can find your group, and support throughout the semester. We believe God uses Small Groups to change people’s lives, and as a Small Group leader, you get to be a part of that. Small groups meet weekly from August 29th – November 20th.
ONLINE MEETING HELP
With everyone staying home to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, it’s more important than ever to stay connected with your group. We’re moving all of our meetings online where you can join in and interact using a smartphone, tablet or computer.
If you’re in a small group, watch for an email from your leader with a link to your next online meeting time. We’ll be using a platform called Zoom which allows for quick and easy group video meetings. If you’ll be using your computer, be sure it has a camera and microphone built in, then simply click the link from your leader’s email when it’s time to meet.
HOW TO USE ZOOM
Your small group leaders are being provided instruction on how to create a Zoom meeting. Here are step by step instructions to be able to download the app, join the meeting, and be part of a meeting.
- Download the Zoom app on your mobile device or computer.
- iPhone App Download (iPhone and iPad)
- Android App Download (Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc.)
- Desktop App
- Once you have downloaded the app, you are all set for the first meeting.
- Your small group leader will send you an email or text with a meeting link or a meeting code before your group meeting time.
- To access the meeting via email: open your email on the device that you will be using for the Zoom meeting. Click or tap the Join Link in the email invite.
To access the meeting via the app: open the app on your phone or tablet. Tap “Join a Meeting” and enter the 9-digit meeting code.
If your group leader hasn’t started the meeting yet, a screen will pop up with a “Waiting for the host to start”.
- Small group leaders will have the Zoom meeting ready to go for your group’s meeting time. Your small group leaders will be in contact with you with your meeting time if it has changed at all.
- Select “Join with Video” in the window that opens. You can turn on and off audio and video using the microphone and camera buttons that are in the lower left-hand corner of the Zoom meeting window. If you can’t hear audio, make sure that the volume is up on your phone. Check out the video below for more info about how to configure your audio and video.
- To help prevent background noise interruptions, please mute your mic when you are not speaking using the little button on the lower left-hand side of your screen.